We work with creative FIRMS, marketing & CREATIVE departments and brands to;
- Help creative firms and in-house teams set a vision that best meets their challenges,
- Guide leaders and their teams to make sound choices about the design of their organizations,
- Coach executives, directors and team leads to be more effective leaders,
- Organizational effectiveness, analyze what works, what doesn’t – from process to people to culture,
- Use OxD (organizational experience design) as a discovery, methodology and strategic planning tool for building your organization,
- Use OD methods to build and help you execute a new plan for your organization that makes sense of where you are now, and to prepare for the future,
- Develop the skills of managers at all levels to succeed in complex, matrixed & creative environments,
- Train and Develop Internal Marketing and Brand Teams,
- Organizational Design, Model, & Workflow Development (OxD) to expand capabilities,
- Organizational Development & Change Management to hire roles that fit new process,
- Improve Internal Operations, Design & Role Development of Operations staff,
- Agile, Lean, & Design Thinking Training and Implementation,
- Improve the overall organization by coaching, training, consulting or counseling,
- Act as a strategic business advisor, helping you align a system to deliver your company’s objectives,
- Assist in organizational culture change,
- Look to improve efficiency and improve financial performance, from teams to all levels of operations,
- Help navigate the emotional stages of change,
- Act as a bridge to the latest thought leadership in strategy and integrated production,
- Build organizations that can collaborate & stand on their own, that are no longer dependent on me, and can build on sustainable organizational change,
- Train Project Management & Team Leads in creative project management,
- Team Building Workshops for organizations who were siloed,
- Behavior Interventions for vital team members,
- Use Workplace Behavior Analysis (DiSC for Workplace) to evaluate team member strengths,
- Employee Assessments, Competency Development & Organization Restructuring to improve firms,
- Real-World Project Analysis to get down to the root of why projects fail.
Examples of SOME PAST ENGAGEMENTS
A forty-five person agency who’s founder parted ways with his partner who was seen as the company’s “Mom.” Over the course of a year, worked with the agency owner to develop his soft skills, strategic plan & implementation of an agency management team.
Holding company purchases six small creative agencies and places them under one roof. Six agencies, six ways of working with six very different sets of skills. Over the course of a year, worked to implement a restructuring & reorganization plan to create one way of working, one set of roles and set one of competencies, reducing staff costs, project time to completion and increasing overall agency abilities and client value.
A new in-house strategic marketing process for a Fortune 300 company with over 30 sub-brands. A six-month project navigating and joining, brand, product, & marketing departments in a large organization; assisting them in streamlining their processes to get to marketing matched to go-to-market.
A 70 million dollar company built on speaking events, shifting their company model to an online university. With a marketing team based on sales and a technology team in the dark ages, designed a new in-house integrated team, with content creation capabilities, and a new org design to support the company’s new strategic vision.
Organizational assessment and development planning, including initial assessment and recommendations, resulting in a written assessment report and an organizational development plan to address issues described in the report.
Management team development, including engagement, staffing and organization of members, along with comprehensive, step-by-step guidelines and materials for all critical and ongoing team activities, resulting in a written management team development plan and agency process model.
Strategic planning, including customizing planning process, identification and/or clarification of all critical issues and specific strategies to address each issue, resulting in a written relevant, realistic and flexible strategic plan.
Operational foundation assessments & operational planning, let us assess your agency's operations; identification and/or clarification of all critical issues and specific strategies to address each area of improvement, resulting in a written relevant, realistic and flexible operations plan to help you meet your 1, 3 & 5 year strategic plan.
Leadership and supervisory development, including identifying performance goals for each position, clarifying roles and organization, and customizing employee performance management system, along with comprehensive, step-by-step guidelines and materials for all critical leadership and supervisory activities, resulting in an organization chart, a staffing plan, job descriptions, workflow analysis and process books and an updated handbook of personnel policies.
Project management and financial management systems, deployment, redeploy or swap; research, recommendation and implementation. From hourly rate analysis, to overhead review, I look to build a balanced score card for your agency.
Team building, team development, and project control, from coaching, to team assessments, DISC workplace assessments and development to recommending the right project management processes for your agency, pulling from traditional project management, to agile/lean processes to design thinking. Let Makr help you develop the right team structure, roles, and career pathing for your agency.
Who We Work With
We work with all types of creative firms (and agencies), digital firms, production services firms & internal marketing, brand and creative teams. Agency (or internal marketing team) sizes that work best for us are between 10 and 150+ people. Our engagements typically start out with firm owners or members of a management / leadership team and extends down to working with internal teams.
Makr offers assessments, consulting, training and coaching services. We tailor our services specifically to your needs — the right approach depends on what works best for your organization. We prefer to work directly with you and your team on-site initially, but we do offer phone and Skpe based coaching services.
During our consulting and assessment sessions, we look at finding solutions to your problems holistically. We help you creative an organizational environment, culture and dynamics that positive, receptive and reinforcing. We interview you and individual team members, collecting data and reviewing relevant materials. We then make recommendations at the strategic level based on your unique situation. Our recommendations include an action plan and advice on how to prioritize the recommendations moving forward. Then we help you work through implementing next steps together through a continuity program.
Let's Get Started
Call Ed @ 201-452-2416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a call. Let's talk, first call is always free. If we aren't a match, we will let you know up front. Together we can decide what program may best work for you. When appropriate we prefer to work on-site, and Ed is local to the NYC area and is frequently in Portland, Oregon. Makr has worked with clients across the USA and Canada.
Reach out today to learn more about how Makr Consulting can help you build your organization.
Call Ed @ 201-452-2416 or email email@example.com